If you read my post for ‘Not What You Were Expecting When You Said You Wanted Grilled Cheese’ aka longest title for a sandwich there ever was, you would know that we are on a carb kick over here. So I’m going to take step by step on the best warm sandwich that we like to eat!
Read how to make a hot turkey and cheese here… or just switch the ham for turkey.
Ham, mayonnaise, bread, cheese- American by our choice & butter.
Butter each piece of bread on 1 side (2 pieces per sandwich) and place in your pan butter side down
Now you’ll add your ingredients, I started with cheese for this because my daughter is 2 and likes things done her way but I would have started with the mayo…. if it was my choice. So it’s cheese, meat, then mayo on inside of your other slice of bread… the meat should be between the mayo and cheese so it sticks better. Put your other piece of bread on your sandwich, butter side up
Cook until desired golden brown-ness and flip. Do the same on the other side and flop onto your plate.
- 2 slices of bread (per sandwich)
- Cheese of choice (we usually do American or a creamier cheese)
- Butter one side of each of your bread slices. Put one slab of bread in the pan, bitter side down.
- Add your fillers… cheese meat and mayo. You want the meat in the middle.
- Cook until the bottom piece if golden brown. Flip and cool until the other side is golden brown.